These oat crepes can be whipped up in a flash to feed hungry tummies, great or small.
They are super versatile and can be eaten savoury or sweet.
Think bacon and eggs or spinach and ricotta. Think berries and yoghurt or banana and tahini (my personal fave).
They make a great delicious and nutritious brekkie or can also be packed into lunchboxes to sub for a wrap.
Let’s get cooking…
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup water/milk of choice
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- butter/ghee/coconut oil for cooking
Optional extras for a sweet version:
- 1 tbsp sweetener (honey/coconut sugar/maple syrup)
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Add the oats to a blender. Blend oats until they become a fine flour.
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until combined.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat (choose a size relative to how big you want your crepes) and brush with oil.
- Ladle in a portion of crepe batter and immediately tilt and rotate the pan to create an even, thin layer over the pan.
- Cook the crepe on the first side until lightly browned and easy to flip (approx 60 seconds).
- Flip the crepe over and cook on the other side until lightly browned.
- Stack the crepes on a plate to the side while you finish cooking the remaining batter.
- Fill crepes with your chosen filling (the options are endless!) and enjoy!