There’s no doubt about it. Mushies are one of my favourite foods.
Get around this hearty, warming, nourishing and delicious dish.
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp cassava flour
- 2 tbsp cooking oil of choice
- 1 litre chicken broth
- 1 tbsp miso paste (more or less to taste)
- 1 head broccoli broken into florets
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- Add chicken mince, onion, garlic, mushrooms, egg and flour to a large bowl and use hands to combine.
- Roll chicken mixture into small meatballs.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Brown the meatballs in batches so as not to overcrowd the pan. Remove the meatballs from pan when brown but not cooked through.
- Gently warm the chicken broth and add the broccoli florets and the meatballs and simmer for 10 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and the meatballs are cooked through.
- At the end, add miso paste to taste and garnish with spring onions.
- Bon appetit!