This is my go-to-soup for when anyone in the house is feeling under the weather. It contains some great ingredients for helping with immune function and tastes delicious. It is super versatile, you can mix up the veggies and protein depending on what is in the fridge.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2-3 cups chopped vegetables (whatever you have on hand)
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 inch knob fresh turmeric, finely grated (or 1 tsp powdered)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 cup Cooked and shredded chicken (I use chicken leftover from making broth)
- 100g brown rice noodles
- juice of 1-2 limes
- chilli and fresh herbs to serve
- Bring broth and coconut milk to a simmer. Add vegetables and cook until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare brown rice noodles according to instructions on packaging.
- When vegetables are almost cooked, add ginger, turmeric, garlic and cooked chicken and simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour soup over prepared brown rice noodles and garnish with chilli, fresh herbs and lime juice.